The research rate is determined by a combination of 8 things:
- The number of Warlocks or Liches currently researching.
- The level of the research workers researching (higher level research workers produce more research)
- The number of Library Tiles: each tile increases the research rate by 0.5%.
- The number of Bookcases, Sturdy Bookcases, and Ornate Bookcases in the Library.
- The Efficiency of a Warlock or Lich: efficiency can be improved by shocking.
- The presence of a Taskmaster (+2% research rate per Taskmaster level).
- Purchasing the +25% research rate from the Store.
- Total Research per Hour caps at 12000 per Dungeon.
A library can only have a certain amount of warlocks researching in it per library level:
- A level 1 library can only hold 1 research worker
- A level 2 library holds 2 research workers
- A level 3 library holds 3 research workers
- A level 4 library holds 5 research workers
- A level 5 library holds 8 research workers
IMPORTANT NOTE: As of the June 14, 2012 update if there are more Warlocks available than the library can support, the rate of Research is based upon the average level of the highest level warlocks available. Previously the rate was calculated using the lowest level warlocks.
NOTE: Both Liches and Warlocks produce research, but do so at the same amount. As Liches are much more expensive than warlocks most players recommend treating research from a Lich as a bonus in a war based dungeon and not an end in itself.
Tile Cost: 50 Gold
Per Tile Bonus: 0.5% Research Rate
|Level||Upgrade Requirements||Upgrade Time||Benefits||Accumulated Benefits|
|5 minutes (claims .2 minutes)||
1 200 Crystal
4 000 Gold
20 Ashen Stone
40 000 Gold
1 200 Moonstone
Bookcase +5% research rate
Sturdy Bookcase +10% research rate
Ornate Bookcase +15% research rate
Ashen Fireplace +25% stack size
Moonstone Fireplace +50% stack size
Feldspar Fireplace +100% stack size
The Library has no prerequisites.